If you’re feeling a bit grumpy, adding specific foods to your diet might help improve your mood:
- Treat yourself to a tiny bit of chocolate. Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and studies show it might reduce stress hormones. The key is to watch your serving size - 1.5 ounces has about 200 calories.
- Eat more fish. Salmon, tuna, and trout are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your brain and can boost your mood. Plus they’re rich in proteins that are good for a weight loss diet.
- Get some blueberries. Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that appear to aid brain function. And good news! They’re low in calories so you can eat a bunch.
- Make some herbal tea. Chamomile tea is soothing and relaxing — and caffeine free so it’s perfect after a long day. And if you need something to perk you up try ginseng tea.
- Go nuts with walnuts. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals that are good for your brain.